Here’s the music we worshiped with this past Sunday.
- All Creatures of Our God and King #62
- Jesus Is All the World to Me” No. 469
- Choir Anthem (8:15 only) Let All Things Now Living (FTWS #2008)
- In Christ Alone (11am only)
- Now Thank We All Our God #102
You can find these hymns at http://www.hymnary.org/hymnal/UMH
- You’re Worthy of My Praise
- I Am Free
- The Aostles Creed
- The Lord Our God
- Jesus Messiah
- With A Thankful Heart (original song by Jenny Slate Lee)
- Hold Us Together
I experimented with projecting the song lyrics with musical notation. That worked well technically and we had great feedback from folks. I plan to write an article on this, cause it’s a game changer for our context, probably could be for others also.
This post is part of the Worship Community Sunday Setlists, see what others are doing here: http://www.theworshipcommunity.com/sunday-setlists-278/
I was glad when they said to me,
“Let us go to the house of the Lord!” Psalm 122:1
Here’s Sunday’s Setlist
- There’s Within My Heart A Melody #380
- (11am only) Lord I Lift Your Name On High
- Standing on The Promises #374
- Choir Anthem: The Lord Is Good (John G. Elliott)
- Message: The Grasshopper Perspective (Numbers 13)
- O God Our Help In Ages Past #117
- Everlasting God
- Whom Shall I Fear
- Lord I Need You
- Forever Reign
- Praise You In This Storm
- Hold Us Together
1. You can find hymns from many different hymnals and more at Hymnary.org, here’s a link to the UMC version http://www.hymnary.org/hymnal/UMH
2. It was a very good day and I’m always grateful for the grace God extends in revealing His great love to us.
3. Once again we were very blessed with another great song from the vast and anointed repertoire of John G. Elliott. Our choir came up with a joyful and peppy rendition of “The Lord is Good”. The recorded version of this song, as well as more of John’s awesome music is available on I-Tunes and Amazon, as well as his website.
This post is part of the Worship Community Sunday Setlists, see what others are doing here: http://www.theworshipcommunity.com/sunday-setlists-277/
Comments are always welcome!
Worship on November 3, 2013. Above: Kids Praise Team and Joyful Noise. Below: Adult Choir
A beautiful day for All Saints Sunday at church. Here’s the Sunday Setlists:
- Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing
- Here I Am To Worship (11am only)
- Special Music: Dash Between The Years
- Communion (There is A Fountain Filled With Blood)
- Shine Jesus Shine
- Let Everything That Has Breath (Kids Praise Team and Joyful Noise)
- Your Grace Is Enough
- The Great I Am
- Holy Holy Holy
- Hold Us Together
1. The All Saints ceremony was beautiful. The names of folks from the church who passed on was read aloud with their photograph projected on the screen. A bell was rung and a candle lit. It was very moving.
2. I shared my song “Dash Between The Years” and that was very well received. (See this post for the video, lyrics and song story).
3. The Kids Praise Team (For children in grades 1 through 6) and Joyful Noise (Kindergarten & Preschool) sang my song “Let Everything That Has Breath” in the Contemporary Service. This was the song I wrote on my recent missions trip to Uganda, Africa. The kids music Director is my wife Ivalene and the children were just awesome! So energetic!
It was a very good day with excellent attendance, glory to God.
This post is part of the Worship Community Sunday Setlists, see what others are doing here: http://www.theworshipcommunity.com/sunday-setlists-276/
Comments? Do share!
A beautiful autumn day accompanied this weekend’s worship services at HFUMC. It was the second week of our new 11am service and there was a good turnout. Here’s the music recap:
- Opening Hymn: A Mighty Fortress Is Our God #110
- Middle Hymn: O Worship The King #73
- Song: Open The Eyes of My Heart [11am only]
- Prayers of The People: Faith That We Sing #2201 [11am only]
- Choir Anthem [8:15 only]: Here I Am To Worship
- Special Music [11am only]: Shout To The Lord #2074 (Tara Oliver soloist)
- Closing Hymn: Amazing Grace #378
- Service Music:
- Gloria Patri #70
- Doxology #73
- God Be With You Till We Meet Again
- Open The Eyes of My Heart
- O Taste and See
- Your Love Never Fails
- Gory To God Forever
- I Belong To You
- Here I Am To Worship
- Hold Us Together
As I write this post on Monday morning, the melody in my head as been “Prayers of The People” that we sang at the 11am service. (Composed by Bonnie Johansen-Werner and found in the Methodist supplement to the hymnal “The Faith That We Sing”, #2201, (c)1993 Abingdon Press. Here’s a link to it on Amazon: The Faith We Sing Accompaniment Edition )
This is a beautiful musical setting of the corporate prayer pattern most frequently experienced in liturgical church settings. This is a wonderful vehicle to combine music, worship and intercession in traditional or conservative settings. Recommended.
This post is part of the Worship Community Sunday Setlists, see what others are doing here: http://www.theworshipcommunity.com/sunday-setlists-275/
At HFUMC we launched a new Traditional service at 11:00am. Attendance was good, about the same as the other 2 services. It was a very good start. We’ll be working on the format and style to find it’s own identity.
Here’s the setlists:
A somewhat jetlagged worship dude helped lead the services at HFUMC shortly after returning from our missions trip to Africa. Here’s the rundown:
This Sunday our team worshiped with the “Church Under The Tree” in a rural area of Uganda. Yes, it was awesome.
This is a community of people from nearby villages, and lots of children! Worship African style included a medley of songs including “This Is The Day” and “Lord I Lift Your Name on High”.
I led “Trading My Sorrows” and “Agnus Dei”, and with Lauren Hutchinson, “We Fall Down” followed by some spontaneous antiphonal worship. Pastor Don Hutchison preached.
It was a beautiful day with beautiful weather, beautiful people and a beautiful service.
Church Under The Tree
Sunday worship service at the Church Under The Tree
Revival Meetings At Divine Hope
In the evening we concluded our 3 nights of revival services, the last night was the best yet. I’ll have to write more about that and more pics in the next post.
Pray for us!
This post is part of the Worship Community Sunday Setlists, see what others are doing here: http://www.theworshipcommunity.com/sunday-setlists-272/
Comments? Leave below!
Well, after a 3 month hiatus, I’m gonna start posting Sunday Setlists again.
VIDEO: AS LONG AS YOU GIVE ME BREATH
Without further ado, here’s the worship lists at HFUMC for September 22:
I was glad when they said, “Let us go the house of the Lord” Psalm 122:1
How was worship at your church this weekend? Ours was wonderful. Sunday’s are very long and full days for Worship Dude and Dudette.
Sunday worship this Memorial Day weekend was interesting for your humble, lovable Worship Dude and Dudette.
Contemporary Service Hendersonville First United Methodist Church May 19 2013
A beautiful Pentecost Sunday at Hendersonville First United Methodist church. There were several baptisms and Confirmation ceremony at the Traditional service which was totally packed out.