You don’t have to be the pastor or worship leader to participate. We would really love to get reviews from the perspective of those in our congregations each week.
Allrighty then, it will be a double portion weekend as I report on one service I attended and another where I played guitar on the team.
Saturday night we attended Belmont Church where the multi-talented Rob Frazier was leading worship accompanied by many of my good friends including Jonathan Riggs. The cool part is I was pleasantly surprised when they opened the set with one of my songs! Lift Up Your Heads (Psalm 24)
How cool is that? Very cool indeed. The rest of their set included:
- All the Earth Will Sing Your Praises (Baloche)
- Come and Let Your Presence (love this song by Tim Reihmer/Merchant Band!)
- Worthy You Are Worthy (Redman)
- What Would I Have Done (Brian Johnson, Christa Black, Tim Hughes -a very cool song indeed!) Julia Cecere sounded wonderful singing it.
- The Wonderful Cross (Watts. JD Walt, Tomlin et al)
- Who Is There Like You (Stuart Townen)
- (see the webcast here: http://www.livestream.com/belmontchurch)
By the way, next weekend (June 11-12), Belmont honors pastor Don Finto (one of my heroes!) on his 40th anniversary of ministry at Belmont. Worship will be led by Michael W. Smith, back in the day we taught Jr Hi Sunday School together. They are awesome men of God, should be a powerful weekend.
Once again I had the honor of playing guitar and singing with the wonderful team at Redeemer Church/Nashville led by my good friend Jennifer Martin. It was Ascension Sunday and she planned a beautiful blended set.
- Hail The Day That Sees Him Rise (Hymn: Wesley/ Williams)
- Immortal, Invisible, God Only Wise (Hymn: Walter Chambers Smith)
- Your Name (Paul Baloche. Glen Packiam)
- Psalm 47
- Alleluia! Sing To Jesus (Hymn: William Dix)
- The Risen Christ (Phil Maderia, Keith Getty – Great song!)
- Sanctus (Brian Darnell – very nice melody!)
- The Lord’s Prayer (Eric Wyse)
- Everlasting God (Brenton Brown)
- He Is Exalted (Twilla Paris)
- Salvation Belongs To Our God (Howard / Turner)
- Hail Thou Once Despised Jesus (Hymn: John Bakewell)
This post is part of the Sunday Setlist blog carnival at The Worship Community. See what other worshiping communities are doing here: http://www.theworshipcommunity.com/sunday-setlists-150/