It was a beautiful Tennessee fall day to worship with our extended family at Christ Community Church, McMinnville, TN. We really enjoyed reconnecting with our dear friends there.
Here’s the song list:
- Psalm 63:4 reading
- Lifting My Hands Up
- Oh Taste and See
- Our God
- How Deep The Fathers Love
- Family Time/ Prayer
- The Jesus La La Song
- How Great Is Our God
Sometimes you gotta break the rules. Generally speaking, starting with a new song is not the best idea. But today it was.
That song, “Lifting My Hands Up” was first suggested by my Romanian friend Beck Corlan at the Sozo Festival in Serbia during my last missions trip. We ended up leading it together in Romania a couple of times.
It’s simple, hooky and fun. Just the right song for today’s group.
When leading worship, I suggest you have a creative strategy when introducing new songs. Explain why you choose the song. Help people connect with it. Here was today’s method:
- First, since the song’s theme is “raising hands”, I shared Psalm 63:4
- “I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands.”
- Then, explained how I learned it on my missions trip in Eastern Europe
- Then, taught the chorus first by having the folks clap along and sing it a capella
It was a lot of fun.
Here’s a pic of today’s team.
This post is part of the Worship Community Sunday Setlists, see what others are doing here: http://www.theworshipcommunity.com/sunday-setlists-218/
By the way, have you heard about my next missions trip to Sri Lanka? Read about it here.