Happy Fathers Day!
We enjoyed a very happy Fathers day at HFUMC.
Totally awesome day and great service.
One creative element was a congregational reading of Psalm 148 with the band playing diamonds (whole notes) at the front of each verse. Another was teaching the sign language to He Knows My Name.
Started off with a Welcome and this cute Father’s Day video.
- A New Anointing (This Is The Day)
- Psalm 148 Reading with music
- For The Beauty of The Earth
- How He Loves
- Message: Sailing With Jesus: Coming About, Changing Course (Don Hutchinson) – great message
- How Deep The Fathers Love For Us – incredible song so rich in theological truth
- He Knows My Name – on this song Bethany taught the sign language hand motions and folks caught on pretty well. A really nice moment. Great song for Fathers Day.
- Youth Report / Benediction
- Hold Us Together – we took a moment while the band vamped during the intro to introduce the members of the praise team. This was a Sunday when the most of the core group was there and we wanted to honor them for 8 months of serving faithfully. This summer many members will be in & out with travel. It was a nice moment I thought.
Here’s a video of the praise portion.
This post is part of The Worship Community Sunday Set list roundup. See what other communities are doing here: http://www.theworshipcommunity.com/sunday-setlists-204/
Worship Leader Magazine is also reporting on on worship song-lists, you can add yours here. http://worshipleader.com/category/setlists/