Recently I had the honor of a GoogleHangout with artist, songwriter, and producer extraordinaire Anthony Skinner. He’s one of the most creative people I know and penned “Your Love Never Fails”, “Forever and A Day”, “Blow Mighty Breath of God” and has cuts by Jesus Culture, Rita Springer, CeCe Winans, The Newsboys, and more.
Anthony recently released his first book, “Worship SMARTBook: Actionable Tips For Real World Worship”. At the end of this post I’ll tell you how to get a free chapter and a chance to win the entire book.
This edited video (about 11 minutes) features conversation on engaging our congregations, encouraging our teams, and an overview of the book’s topics .
“I feel like when you’re leading worship … the goal is to meet people where they are, and take them as far as you can, in the time that you have. To build trust and give them a comfort zone is good.”
We discussed ideas from these chapters:
- Smart Chapter 10: “9 Ways to Get Your Congregations to Sing”
- Smart Chapter 5 : “How to Encourage While Leading, Guiding and Correcting”
- Book Overview:
- Section 1: Leadership
- Section 2: Musicianship
- Section 3: Worship Team and Band
Also the full length interview includes a great conversation about his journey in worship, personal worship ideas (you gotta see Anthony sing the scriptures and practice scales at the same time), and practical advice for young leaders. You can see the full length interview at this link.
To win a free copy of WORSHIP SMARTBook, just do this to enter the drawing:
- Leave a comment on this post below. Tell me why you want this book. Be creative.
- Tweet this post.
- Sign up for my newsletter.
4. When you sign up for my newsletter by entering your e-mail address above, you’ll get a Free chapter of WORSHIP SMARTBook. I’ll send you a link by e-mail.
Next Wednesday, based only on my insightful and subjective evaluation of the comments, I will select a winner. If you are the one selected, I will notify you via email.
Question: Of all the ideas Anthony shared, which was most intriguing to you?